Baroque Chic

38

Posted on : 14:43 | In : , , , , , , ,

I'm a winter-person. I love tweed, warm woolen sweaters and mittens. Waking up to see ice flowers on the bedroom window and staying in bed just a little longer, curled up under the blankets. Cooking typical (Dutch) winter foods like stews, hotch potch and pea soup. Taking a long walk when the first snow falls, even if it's in the middle of the night. Or should I say especially in the middle of the night? The world is a magical place when it's covered in a white layer. Everything is so peaceful and quiet.

I'm a longing for winter and I'm getting a bit sick of all the happy pastels and glittery goodness so for todays nails I used Catrice The Devil Wears Red; a nice near-black red vampy polish. I'm told TDWR is a dupe for Chanel Rouge Noir. I don't have that one so I don't know how close it is but it's a beautiful vampy nonetheless.

I've been painting my nails at night with poor lighting again (will I ever learn?) and I woke up this morning to discover a couple of spots that weren't covered completely so I decided to cover them up with a little Konad.



I used Konad plate M71 and China Glaze 2030 from the Khrome Collection for stamping. Most chrome polishes are great for stamping and this one is no exception! The result is always very crisp and clean and the shine is amazing.



Remember you can buy all your Konad supplies and China Glaze and other polishes from www.enchantra.eu at a 15% discount with the code DTCHNLBLG! They ship to most of Europe.

Comments (38)

Bluh, ik weet precies waar je het over hebt, ik heb ook mijn vampy's weer tevoorschijn gehaald. Zit ook al te zoeken naar een mooie nepbontjas, en heb al mooie winterlaarzen in de sale aangeschaft, hahaha!Hou vol, nog 2 maanden en dan kunnen we kastanjes gaan zoeken :*

En dan lekker gepofte kastanjes met roomboter eten. :-P
Kan niet wachten!

I love this! BEAUTIFUL!

Mari
http://nailaddictsanonymous.blogspot.com/

gggggggggeweldig!

Thanks!

Bedankt!

OMG! PERFECTION! <3 <3 <3

Thanks :-[

Beautifully done! You did an amazing job of polishing in the dark, with a dark color no less.

Lovely color combo! Something different with the chocolate brown as the base and the gold as the overlay. Very pretty!

Oh wow the stamps are perfect :D

Woow, this is so elegant and beautiful! :*

very pretty!

wow wat super mooi zeg!

This is a great vamp! Beautiful!!!

Such a beautiful mani. I am with you on loving warm wollen sweaters (yum, cashmere) and walkning in the fresh snow especially at night. I love it.

Quite honestly, the most beautiful nails that I have ever seen. I love this look!

Very nice :) it reminded me of festive wallpaper or fancy christmas wrapping paper :)

Ohh, gorgeous combination!

This looks pretty! Too bad we don't have winter here.

http://rina-alcantara.com

This is GORGEOUS! I love this look!

Thank you :)

Oh no! I think I would lose my sanity if I didn't have winters. =-O

Thanks!

It does look like Christmas wrapping paper! Maybe I'll recycle this look around Christmas. I love more wearing more unconventional christmas mani's after I've got bored with all the red and green glitte. ;)

Aw thank you, that is very sweet of you. :-[

Oh yes! We always go for a walk in the first snow, even if it's in the middle of the night. (Or should I say ESPECIALLY in the middle of the night? ;) )

I'm sorry I'm too late to vote for you. I didn't really get around to replying to comments. :(
Hope you won anyway!

Thank you :)

Dankje!

Thank you. :)
The China Glaze Khromes give such a crisp result. They can make any mani fabulous!

Thanks :)

Thank you :)

Thanks :)

Thanks!
I think polishing with darker colors at night is easier. If the nail isn't covered completely the lighter spots will jump out at you. With lighter colors it's all just one big gamble. lol :-D

this is gorgeous! so simply yet absolutely stunning. amazing konad work too!

Ziet er echt supernetjes uit. Mooi voor een gala of andere chique gelegenheid!!

http://lise-prettynails.blogspot.com

I love your blog! I'm following you now ;D

Een reactie posten